If you want to level up your alt fast, you should consider farming some heirlooms on your main character. WotLK Heirlooms increase in power as your alt-character increases in level, ensuring you will have almost always the best item for the slot in which the heirloom is equipped. With these items, you can kit any of your alts from level 1 onward to give them a significant early advantage. Don't forget that WotLK Heirlooms are Bind on Account, which means you can send them to any characters on your account or accounts shared by your Battle.net ID.
In WotLK Classic, there are much fewer items available as heirlooms compared to the game's retail version. You can get these items on WotLK Classic servers:
- Chest and Shoulder Armor in cloth, leather, mail, and plate;
- 2-Handed, Main Hand, One-Hand, and Ranged Weapons;
But before you could send any of WotLK Heirlooms items on your alt, you will need to farm them from your main character. WotLK Heirlooms require from you a lot of dungeons or Wintergrasp open-world PvP zone farming and spending many hours on this tedious and stressful activity that you could complete alone. If you want to speed up your alts leveling process on WotLK Classic servers, you should buy WotLK Heirlooms Boost, and our PRO players will gladly help you to get any available WotLK Heirlooms fast and easy!
WotLK Heirlooms Benefits
- Experience Bonus - Chest and Shoulder armor both provide a 10% experience bonus for killing monsters and completing quests. These stack for a total of 20% extra experience with both items.
- Improve as you level - all WotLK Heirloom items increase armor class, DPS, and/or stats as you level, meaning you don't have to replace these items until you reach level 80. These are about the same level and power as a blue item appropriate to the character's level.
- Automatically switch armor types if applicable - for classes such as Hunter and Shaman, who graduate from Leather to Mail armor at level 40, or Warriors and Paladins, who switch from Mail to Plate, Heirloom armor shifts with the change. Once you can use the next highest type of armor, the Heirloom armor will switch to the correct type. The automatic armor type switch only happens if you purchase the correct armor type to reflect what you'll need after level 40, not before. If you have a low-level Hunter, don't buy the leather armor chest because it will not switch to mail when you get to level 40. It will be leather at 1 and leather at 80. You need to buy your low-level Hunter mail armor type, which they can wear from level 1 onward. It will appear as leather at 1, but it will automatically switch from leather to mail at 40.
WotLK PvE Heirlooms
Various PvE activities are the main source of most powerful and useful leveling WotLK Heirlooms that you can buy in the buy. To do so, you will need to farm enough Emblem of Heroism and travel to Dalaran, where you can find special WotLK Heirloom vendors. Enchanter Isian sells heirlooms for Alliance players only and Enchanter Erodin sell heirlooms for Horde players only. In addition, you could buy WotLK Heirlooms from Brammold Deepmine as any faction player.
WotLK PvP Heirlooms
To get WotLK PvP Heirlooms you will need to farm enough Stone Keeper's Shard. Best and only way to farm these is to grind WotK Wintergrasp PvP zone that you could conquer in honor of your faction and get access to the Archavon Vault raid and start proper Stone Keeper's Shard currency farm. You can any WotLK PvP Heirloom only from your faction's Quartermaster when your faction wins and controls Wintergrasp. As Alliance player, you should visit Knight Dameron and as Horde players, you should meet Stone Guard Mukar.
WotLK Event Heirloom
There is one WotLK Heirloom ring available in Wrath of the Lich King - Dread Pirate Ring. This is one of the possible two prizes you can choose for winning the Kalu'ak Fishing Derby. It is Unique-Equipped, which means that a character can only equip one at a time. WotLK Dread Pirate Ring gives a 5% experience bonus from killing monsters and completing quests through level 80. This stacks with the armor bonuses, giving a possible total bonus of 25%.
WotLK Heirlooms Enchants
You cannot use enchants with a level requirement on heirlooms in WoTLK Classic. BC and WoTLK-era enchants all have a minimum level requirement to use, and the system see all heirlooms as level 1 for this purpose. You will need to limit yourself to Classic-era enchants only, since these do not have level requirements.
For exmaple, you can and you should enchant your heirlooms with Enchant Chest - Major Mana, Enchant Chest - Greater Stats, Enchant Weapon - Mighty Intellect, Enchant Weapon - Spellpower and many others available enchants.
How so send WotLK Heirlooms to alts?
WotLK Heirlooms are separate inventory items that will need to be stored when not in use. You should spend some more currency to buy additional copies of a particular heirloom item, which means you may need to set priorities for leveling alts who will want to use the same weapons or armor type. If you're trying to level both a warrior and a paladin, they can certainly mail their plate chest armor back and forth, but that can get annoying with the mail delay.
- Heirlooms stay bound to the account, not the character - you can re-use items for multiple characters. Done leveling your priest? Send that your cloth armor heirlooms to your warlock!
- Heirlooms can be mailed cross faction - as Alliance player, you can mail heirlooms to your Horde alts, and vice versa.
- Heirlooms cannot be passed through a guild bank - since these are bound to your account, you can't use the guild bank to pass these items, even if you're the only person in the guild.
- You cannot use faction-specific heirlooms on the opposite faction - The Wintergrasp trinkets can only be used by members of the appropriate faction.